We are actively looking for an Associate Director Volunteer.
Credit unions are unique, not-for-profit, cooperative financial institutions owned by their members and guided by volunteers. As a not-for-profit organization, volunteers play important roles in our success. Therefore, Scient Federal Credit Union is actively looking for dedicated volunteers from within our membership to help serve in a variety of volunteer capacities. We are looking for qualified volunteers to fill vacancies for the Board of Directors. The primary function of each volunteer position is described below.
As an Associate Director you will have the opportunity to learn about the Credit Union industry and work hand-in-hand with Scient Federal Credit Union to help ensure its members receive the best products and services SFCU can offer. An Associate Director is a non-voting member of the board and is encouraged to participate in board discussions, but does not vote on matters coming before the board for action.
The Board of Directors is responsible for setting the goals and direction of the organization and overseeing Management’s efforts to complete that vision. Associate Directors are given an opportunity to see what the Director position entails before making a full commitment to possibly holding the position, and show they are qualified to perform in the expected capacity. The experience and skills gained as an Associate Director will aid in other community or professional endeavors in which you may participate.
Qualifications of an Associate Director Candidate
- Being a member in good standing of the Credit Union and using the Credit Union’s products and services to a reasonable degree
- Having a satisfactory credit and references check
Associate Director Responsibilities
- Attend regular and special meetings of the Board
- Attend the Credit Union annual Planning Meeting
- Seek to learn more about the Credit Union movement and its services
Benefits of Volunteering
- Satisfaction of being a major contributor in setting the direction, and witnessing the success of the financial institution of which you are a direct member/owner.
- Attending and contributing to events in which the Credit Union sponsors and participates.
- The opportunity to use skills and knowledge that you may not be able to in your normal professional capacity.
If you are interested in becoming a Credit Union Volunteer, please complete the Volunteer Application Form and return to us via email, or mail to us at: Scient Federal Credit Union Attn: Executive Department P.O. Box 499 Groton, CT 06340. To protect the security of your personal information, never email your account number or any other personal financial information.