UPDATED: March 30, 2020
As we continue to make every effort to support our members and assist with their financial needs, our contact center is experiencing a very high call volume. Members may experience longer wait times. The following are additional options available to assist you:
- Effective March 30, 2020 and until further notice, a maximum of three (3) skipped payments per loan, per year and no more than three (3) consecutive skipped payments are allowed. Information regarding skipping a qualifying loan can be found on our Skip a Pay page.
- Fast Pay is available to make a quick, secure auto or other loan payment. To make a payment to your Scient credit card visit here
- Secure messaging in Online Banking is available to send a secure email message thru your online banking account to a service representative for reply. You can also check your balances, transfer funds, make loan payments, and more, within online banking, from your desktop or mobile device 24 hours a day.
Your financial safety is our main concern. Be aware, scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus.
- Remember, Scient Federal Credit Union will NEVER request sensitive information from you through email. And, if you are ever concerned about the legitimacy of a request, please contact us for verification before providing any personal or account information.
- Stay informed by following The Federal Trade Commission page regarding Coronavirus scams.
- Visit our Blog page for up to date articles relating to potential scams.
Please note: Delays may be experienced during the mortgage loan process. Currently, there is limited access to the necessary resources to process these loans. We are diligently working to process all applications and appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.
As part of our continuing efforts to keep our staff and members safe, the following steps will be implemented:
- Starting Thursday, March 19, the Colver Ave. branch lobby will be closed.
- The drive-up lane will remain open for all transactions. Click here for current drive-up hours.
- Wire transactions are available via online banking or the drive-up.
- The New Haven Postal Branch lobby will remain open normal hours
Please be assured that Scient like so many other companies, is taking extra precautions to keep our staff and members safe during this Coronavirus (COVD-19) national emergency.
What you can do
Use our electronic services whenever possible. We ask that if you are sick and still need to visit a branch that you use the drive up instead of the lobby. If you are not sick, you can avoid potential contact with people who may be sick by considering alternatives to visiting our branches at this time. Note – our Pfizer campus building 220 branch has been deemed non-essential by Pfizer, and accordingly will remain closed while the emergency continues. Here are a few banking suggestions to consider:
- Use Online Banking. It’s a free and easy way to check your balances, transfer funds, make loan payments, and more, from your desktop or mobile device 24 hours a day. With our mobile app, you can even electronically deposit checks. You can download our app here.
- Use Fast Pay to make a quick, secure auto or other loan payment. To make a payment to your Scient credit card visit here.
- Use our network ATMs. We have an ATM at both our Colver Ave. and New Haven Postal branches, where you can withdraw cash, transfer funds, and make cash or check deposits. Transactions are posted the same business day. We’re also a member of the Co-Op Network, which allows you surcharge-free access to nearly 30,000 ATMs nationwide.
- Use our Colver Ave. HQ branch night drop to make your deposit. It will post the following business day.
- Use our Audio Banking System to check balances, transfer funds, and make loan payments. Dial 877-860-6928 and select option 1 to begin. Directions on how to enroll in audio banking can be found here.
- Some of you may have your work income disrupted by the emergency, you may want to use our Skip-a-Pay service to skip your loan payment for a month or apply for our loan assistance program. If making payments becomes very difficult, please contact us at 877 860 6928.
- Call us at 877 860 6928. Our Contact Center can handle almost any banking need, or will transfer you to someone who can.
What we’re doing:
To start, we’re actively monitoring the emergency and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in term of staff hygiene at work. In addition, we ‘re increasing our electronic channel transaction limits to give you more flexibility in remote access, and will make sure our ATMs stay up to meet your cash withdrawal needs. For our branch users we have enhanced our daily cleaning procedures with an end-of-day disinfectant wipe-down, including our Colver ATM.
We will of course continue to closely monitor the situation and updates will be posted to our web site. We appreciate your patience and cooperation with our changes as we do our part to keep our staff, members, their families and our communities as safe and healthy as possible during this difficult time.
Your Scient Family