A Traditional IRA allows you to contribute money before it’s been taxed so that it’s not included in your taxable earnings for the year. You won’t have to pay taxes until you withdraw funds from your Traditional IRA.
Rates and conditions differ depending on the type of account you choose:
|Traditional IRA Share Savings
||Traditional IRA Share Certificate
- No minimum balance requirement
- Withdrawal and deposit without penalty
- Dividends are paid and compounded monthly
- Typically has a lower interest than the Share Certificate option
- Minimum deposit of $500 required
- 12-60 month terms available
- Contribute up to $5,500 per year. An additional $1,000 is allowed for those over 50
- Early withdrawal penalty applies unless you are 591/2 or older
- Must begin making withdrawals by age 701/2
||Rates & Terms
Get your retirement on track Contact Member Services 877.860.6928 Find a Scient service center
Looking for other options?
Coverdell Education Savings Account
Consult a tax advisor to determine what option is right for you.