If you start each day with a long to-do list, we offer a convenient way to help you make headway. Access your accounts 24/7, take care of financial tasks in a matter of minutes, and quickly move on to the next item on your busy schedule.
NOTE: When signing up for the first time, your Username is your member number (found on your Welcome Letter) and the Password is the last 4 digits of your SSN plus your 4-digit birth year. You will be asked to change both during the set-up process.
- Check balances and transfer funds
- Pay bills without writing checks and stuffing envelopes
- Make fast loan payments
- Check recent account transactions
- Arrange for email notifications regarding account activity
- Access free eStatements
- Transfer money between Scient and non-Scient accounts
You can't monitor your accounts every moment of the day. That's why we enabled tools to help you along the way. Sign up for alerts and tell us what you want to know about. Whether its low balances or a suspicious transaction, we'll keep you in the loop with a timely email or a text.
Types of Alerts
- Daily Account Balance Alert: Receive an an alert at the end of each business day with your daily balance.
- Account Thresholds Alert: Receive an alert at the end of each business day when your account balance is above or below the threshold.
- ACH Transactions Alert: Receive an alert when an automatic deposit or withdrawal occurs.
- Number of Posted Transaction Alert: Receive an alert about transaction activity and when the total number exceeds a certain transaction amount.
- Total Dollar Amount of Posted Transaction Alert: Receive an alert about transaction activity and when the total dollar exceeds a certain amount.
- Payment Due Alert: Get a reminder at the end of the business day before your loan payment is due and/or an alert when the payment is past due.
To set up Account Alerts, sign into your online banking account and choose “eAlert Subscriptions” in the Personal Info & Settings section under your Profile.
Signing up for eStatements comes with several benefits. By accessing your statements online, you enjoy increased security because your information is protected and not traveling through the mail stream. This also eliminates paper clutter and helps you organize your records.
- Free with any online banking account
- Secured by 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard
- Receive an email notice when your statement is available
- Download at your convenience and print them anytime
- View statements for up to 18 months
To enroll in eStatements, access Online Banking and select “E-Statements (View/Enroll)” in the left column under “Account Dashboard."
Take control of your bill payments by taking the process online and eliminating paper checks. This flexible service allows you to pay bills quickly and on time while maintaining a payment history you can access anytime.
- Make unlimited online payments
- Send money to any person or business with a U.S. address
- Schedule one-time or recurring payments
- Avoid costly late fees by using our Expedited Payment service for only $9.95 (selected payees only)
- Take advantage of our Payment Guarantee and rest assured your payment will arrive as scheduled
- Completely secure, just like all Scient online services
To start using Bill Pay, access Online Banking and select “Pay Bills” in the top tool bar.
Transfer money quickly between your Scient accounts and accounts you hold at other financial institutions. Here's how to set up your external transfer within Online Banking:
- Log in and select 'Account to Account Request' in the form box in the lower right-hand corner or click on 'Pay and Transfer' in the top menu bar and select 'Set up A2A'.
- Fill out the form that appears in the middle of the screen.
- Click submit when you have completed the form.
- Member Services will process your request within 1-2 business days.
- You will receive an email from Member Services when it is completed
An automatic transfer makes it easy to transfer money from your Scient account to pay your loans on time, every time. Here's how to set up a transfer in Online Banking:
- Log in and click 'Pay and Transfer' in the top menu bar.
- Select 'Immediate Transfer' if you would like your payment to be immediately applied to the loan.
- Select 'Schedule a Transfer' if you would like to schedule a payment. You may set-up a one-time payment for a later date or reoccurring weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly payments.
Scient FCU is a full-service credit union with branches in Groton, New London and New Haven Connecticut.
Save more, buy a home, pay off a loan and more with the help of our financial calculators.
Explore articles about timely topics and personal finances, from spending and saving to borrowing money.
Get personalized product, service and resource recommendations based on your unique goals and life stage.