If you start each day with a long to-do list, we offer a convenient way to help you make headway. Access your accounts 24/7, take care of financial tasks in a matter of minutes, and quickly move on to the next item on your busy schedule. Signing up for Online Banking also lets you take advantage of Mobile Banking.
- Check balances and transfer funds
- Pay bills without writing checks and stuffing envelopes
- Make fast loan payments
- Check recent account transactions
- View check images
- Arrange for email notifications regarding account activity
- Access free eStatements
- Transfer money between Scient and non-Scient accounts
You can't monitor your accounts every moment of the day. That's why we enabled tools to help you along the way. Sign up for alerts and tell us what you want to know about. Whether its low balances or a suspicious transaction, we'll keep you in the loop with a timely email or a text.
Types of Alerts
- Reminder Alerts: Create personalized alerts to fit your needs. Example: “Transfer money to babysitter’s account today.”
- Balance Alert: Receive an alert when your balance drops below or exceeds a certain amount–a great way to avoid overdrafts.
- Check Cleared Alert: Receive an alert sent to you whenever a check clears your account.
- Daily Balance Alert: Receive an update with your daily balance at whenever it’s best for you.
- Loan Due Alert: Get a reminder before your loan payment is due and/or an alert when the payment is past due.
- Transaction Alert: Choose to be notified when specific transactions, or all transactions, occur on your account.
To set up Account Alerts, sign into your online banking account and choose “Account Maintenance” in the top toolbar. In the secondary toolbar, select “Manage Alerts” and follow the instructions.
Signing up for eStatements comes with several benefits. By accessing your statements online, you enjoy increased security because your information is protected and not traveling through the mail stream. This also eliminates paper clutter and helps you organize your records.
- Free with any online banking account
- Secured by 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard
- Receive an email notice when your statement is available
- Download at your convenience and print them anytime
- View statements for up to 18 months
To enroll in eStatements, access Online Banking and select “E-Statements (View/Enroll)” in the left column under “Account Dashboard."
Take control of your bill payments by taking the process online and eliminating paper checks. This flexible service allows you to pay bills quickly and on time while maintaining a payment history you can access anytime.
- Make unlimited online payments
- Send money to any person or business with a U.S. address
- Schedule one-time or recurring payments
- Avoid costly late fees by using our Expedited Payment service for only $9.95 (selected payees only)
- Take advantage of our Payment Guarantee and rest assured your payment will arrive as scheduled
- Completely secure, just like all Scient online services
To start using Bill Pay, access Online Banking and select “Pay Bills” in the top tool bar.
If a properly scheduled payment is not received and posted on time by the payee, we will attempt to have any late fees or assessed finance charges removed. (Finance charges are calculated based on your payment amount rather than your entire balance.) In addition, we will attempt to have your account noted appropriately to ensure that the situation does not negatively impact your credit rating. (NOTE: Please refer to your Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure for important information on the limitations of reimbursable fees and finance charges.)
The Payment Guarantee applies to late fees and/or finance charges associated with the late posting of a payment, provided that the following conditions are met:
The payment was scheduled to be delivered on or before the due date of your bill, excluding any grace periods. The one exception to this guideline is that mortgage payments may be scheduled so that the payment is sent on or before the due date, excluding grace periods. For example, a mortgage payment due on July 1st, with a 15-day grace period, must have a “Send On” date no later than July 1st.
The payment amount did not exceed $25,000.00.
The payment was not made to an excluded payee. These payments are permitted but not guaranteed:
- Payments to payees located in the Armed Forces Postal Codes such as AE & AP
- Payments that failed due to insufficient funds or other reasons
- Payments to settle securities transactions
- Payments to payoff special or delayed financing for purchases
- Court-ordered payments such as alimony, child support, speeding tickets, etc.
- Tax entities
- Collection agencies
- Payments to credit counseling agencies who pay creditors on your behalf
The payment was not made to a prohibited payee. Payments to the following payees are not permitted through this service:
- Payments to payees outside of the United States Payments
The information supplied by you is correct (payee name and address, your name and account number as it appears on the payee’s records).
Transfer money quickly between your Scient accounts and accounts you hold at other financial institutions. Here's how to set up your external transfer within Online Banking:
- Log in and choose “Transfer Funds” in the top tool bar
- Select “Manage External Accounts” in the second tool bar
- Choose “Add an account at another financial institution that is not listed above”, located below “Add a New External Account”
- Enter your other financial institution’s information and press “Submit”
- A trial deposit transfer will be processed within two (2) days. Log back into your Scient online banking account to verify the deposits.
- Once the deposits have been verified, go back to the "Transfer Funds" section and schedule your payment. Please note, external transfer cut off is 2 pm. Allow for three (3) days for the transfer to credit your loan account.
An automatic transfer makes it easy to transfer money from your Scient account to pay your loans on time, every time. Here's how to set up a transfer in Online Banking:
- Log in and choose “Transfer Funds” in the top tool bar
- Choose which account the funds are coming from and going to
- Type in the amount
- Choose “Recurring” in the drop down menu next to “Scheduling Options”
- Choose how often you want the transfer to occur and click “continue”
Scient FCU is a full-service credit union with branches in Groton and New Haven Connecticut.
Save more, buy a home, pay off a loan and more with the help of our financial calculators.
Explore articles about timely topics and personal finances, from spending and saving to borrowing money.
Get personalized product, service and resource recommendations based on your unique goals and life stage.