With a fixed-rate mortgage, you can be absolutely certain your principal and interest payments won’t increase. You’ll pay the same amount in Year 20 or 30 as you will in Year 1.
- Save money with attractive interest rates
- Choose loan terms of 10, 15, 20 or 30 years
- Build up equity quicker with shorter terms
- Protect yourself from rising interest rates for the life of the loan
- Refinance current loan to potentially reduce monthly payments or interest charges
With reduced initial rates, adjustable-rate mortgages give you a period of financial flexibility. The lower introductory rate buys you time to rebuild your savings and make other purchases.
- Fixed-rate term options at 3 years, 5 years, 7 years or 10 years
- Thereafter, interest rate cannot increase or decrease more than 2.00% on an annual basis
- No prepayment penalty
- The interest rate cannot increase more than 5.00% above the start rate for 7 and 10 year ARMs
- The interest rate cannot increase more than 6.00% above the start rate for 3 and 5 year ARMs
With a SmartChoice Mortgage, you can take advantage of a low fixed rate and short term to pay off your mortgage faster than traditional mortgages.
- Various terms available
- Up to 80% loan to value
- Available for purchase or refinance
Whether your family is growing or you're moving into a new neighborhood, a Jumbo Mortgage from Scient helps you finance a home that is above the conventional loan limit.
- Loan amounts range from $510,401 to $750,000
- Enhanced buying power
- Variety of terms available for both fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages
- Available for a primary residence, second home and investment property
A Jumbo Mortgage is a home loan for an amount that exceeds conforming loan limits established by regulation. The conforming loan limit is $510,400. Scient Federal Credit Union Jumbo Mortgages range from $510,401 – $ 750,000. Jumbo Mortgages are available for Primary Residence (single family home, condo, PUD or 2 unit property) and Second Home (single family home, condo or PUD).
Eliminate closings costs so you bring less money to the closing with this special mortgage. Just let us know during your mortgage application that you're interest in taking advantage of our No-Closing-Cost Option.
- Several terms available with fixed or adjustable rates
- Rate is 0.50% higher than regular rate, but you don’t have to pay closing costs
- Minimum loan amount of $150,000
- All fees are paid by Scient except discount points, loan-level pricing adjustments, escrows, per diem interest, and mortgage tax (NY and FL). Appraisal fee is collected upfront and refunded at closing.
- Direct deposit into a Scient account and automatic payments are required
Scient FCU is a full-service credit union with branches in Groton and New Haven Connecticut.
Save more, buy a home, pay off a loan and more with the help of our financial calculators.
Explore articles about timely topics and personal finances, from spending and saving to borrowing money.
Get personalized product, service and resource recommendations based on your unique goals and life stage.