In Our Community
We were founded on the philosophy of "People Helping People," and we live by it today. Our employees seek opportunities to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods, beyond their daily mission of assisting members with their finances.
The time and effort they donate have supported charitable activities such as these:
- Food drives to support the Gemma Moran Food bank
- Holiday season adopt-a-family
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (supporting the American Cancer Society)
- United Way campaigns
- Tree of Warmth to collect donations of winter gear for the needy
- Computer equipment donations
- Donations for the Sandy Hook tragedy, Hurricane Sandy, and other disasters
- Credit Union Kids at Heart supporting Boston Children’s Hospital, the Joe Andruzzi Foundation, and the Professional Center for Child Development
Scient Credit Union Foundation
We formed the Scient Credit Union Foundation in December 2009 to formalize our mission of investing in our communities and members. The primary focus is our scholarship program, funded by member donations and various credit union fundraisers.
Donations are always accepted and no donation is too small. If you'd like to contribute, please send a check made payable to the Scient Credit Union Foundation, Inc. to this address:
Scient Credit Union Foundation, Inc.
c/o Scient Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 499
Groton, CT 06340
Your donation is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
**Please note, the 2020 Scholarship Program is now closed.**
We strongly believe in the value of education and assist our young members' journeys with annual scholarships. Every year, we award three $2,000 scholarships to members graduating high school and planning to attend a two or four-year college, university, or vocational school. Each recipient must demonstrate academically strong behavior (a GPA of 3.0 or higher) and exemplify leadership at school and in their community.
Since 2011, we have awarded more than $50,000 in scholarships to 37 well-deserving young Scient members.
Past Scholarship Winners
- Ryan Dombroski , pursuing a degree in Data Science and Mathematics
- Akshay Khunte, pursuing a degree in Computer Science and Economics
- Evan St. Louis, pursuing a degree in Biology
- Emily Nelson, pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering
- Fabrizio Roberts, pursuing a degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Aidan Sullivan, pursuing a degrees in Computer Science and Engineering
- Pauline Goetz, pursuing a degree in International Development
- Nickolas Tibbetts, pursuing a degree in Political Science
- Nicola Wood, pursuing a degree in Pre-veterinary medicine
- Amanda Arbuckle, pursuing a degree in Literature and Theory
- Sophia Nelson, pursuing a double major in Elementary Education and Sociology
- Savannah Scammon, pursuing a degree in Dramatic Writing for Screen and Television
- Matthew Sapere, pursuing a degree in Engineering
- John LaMagna, pursuing a degree in Business Management
- Courtney Garret, pursuing a degree in Animal Science
- Stacia Tibbetts, pursuing degrees in Early Childhood Education and Dance
- Tyler DiBrino, pursuing a degree in Resource Economics
- Sarah DiRoma, pursuing a degree in Chemistry
- Gabriel Umland, pursuing a degree in Business Administration
- Katherine Wu, pursuing a degree in Neuroscience
- Emily-Rose Zu, pursuing a degree in Pre-Med
- Shashwat Kala, pursuing a degree in Biology
- Jerrilyn Goldberg, undecided
- Isabelle Foster, pursuing a degree in Biomedical Engineering
- Kyle Gillick, pursuing a degree in Business Finance
- Rachael J. Miller, pursuing a degree in Nursing
- Hannah Wright, pursuing a degree in International Business
- Vivian Wang, pursuing a degree in English
- Kristen Brown, pursuing a degree in Behavioral Neuroscience
- Jesse Joseph, pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Louise Mao, pursuing a degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Andy King, pursuing a degree in Mathematics/Actuarial Science
- Evelyn Lunar, pursuing a degree in Undecided
- Allison Chann, pursuing a degree in Undecided
- Kelly Nelson, pursuing a degree in Nursing
- Julia Kenny, pursuing a degree in Pre-Veterinary Medicine
Mikaela Gillick, pursuing a dual major in Business and Organizational Leadership
Aisha Lee, pursuing a degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Lauren Weaver, pursuing a degree in Pre-Medicine
Phoebe Yeoh, pursuing a degree in Chemistry/Economics
Save more, buy a home, pay off a loan and more with the help of our financial calculators.
Explore articles about timely topics and personal finances, from spending and saving to borrowing money.
Get personalized product, service and resource recommendations based on your unique goals and life stage.